The Taos Rotary Club actively supports local programs and services including community grants to local non-profits - During the COVID-19 pandemic this program has been suspended.
Annual Scholarship Fund Awards
In 2020 $20,000 in Academic Scholarships and $2,000 in Vocational Scholarships were awarded to Taos County residents who are continuing their education. The following scholarships are available:
Academic Scholarships benefit graduating high school seniors. Up to $1,000 per year for up to 4 years. Contact your Guidance Counselor for application in February.
Certificate Scholarships for individuals who need funding to pay for certification license once the the program is completed.
Vocational Scholarships for individuals persuing technical or vocational programs. Up to $1,000/year for up to 2 years. Do not need to be a graduating senior.
For further information contact Joe Zupan at email@example.com.
Support of Literacy in Taos County
Taos Milagro Rotary is committed to supporting improved literacy among children and youth in Taos County. This includes:
- For the Love of Reading at Ranchos Elementary School - This year, due to pandemic, there was no reading program at Ranchos Elementary. Book distributions have been held.
- For the Love of Reading at Arroyos del Norte School - Arroyos del Norte has had an internet program. Thus far, six Kidnergarten students have been served by two reading volunteers, six 1st grade students have been served by three volunteers, fourteen 2nd grade students have been served by seven volunteers, and twelve 3rd grade student have been served by six volunteers. Book distributions have been held throughout the year.
- Alta Vista Elementary in Questa has had a few book distributions.
- Providing dictionaries annually to every third grade child in Taos County
- Little Free Libraries have been installed throughout the county for several years. Volunteers maintain these Little Free Libraries that benefit children and adults in our communities.
For more information conatct George Jaramillo firstname.lastname@example.org.