The Taos Rotary Club actively supports local programs and services including community grants to local non-profits - During the COVID-19 pandemic this program was suspended. We plan to reestablish this program during the 2023-2024 year.
Annual Scholarship Fund Awards
In 2023 we will award $20,000 in Scholarship for Taos County residents who are continuing their education.
The following scholarships are available:
- Scholarships benefit graduating high school seniors. Up to $1,000 per year for up to 4 years. Contact your Guidance Counselor for the application.
- Vocational or Associate Scholarship for individuals pursuing technical or vocational programs. Up to $1,000 per year for up to 2 years. Do not need to be a graduating high school senior to apply.
- Certificate Scholarship for individuals pursuing a certification license. Up to $1,000 once the program is completed.
Download the application from the Documents Tab above. Applications must be emailed to email@example.com no later than Saturday, April 15, 2023.
For further information contact Becky Roh at firstname.lastname@example.org
Support of Literacy in Taos County
Taos Milagro Rotary is committed to supporting improved literacy among children and youth in Taos County. This includes:
- For the Love of Reading Programs at Arroyos del Norte Elementary and Ranchos de Taos Elementary which provide one-on-one reading support. Arroyos del Norte has 15 volunteers reading with 30 children in Grades 2 & 3 and Ranchos de Taos has 17 volunteers reading with 34 children in Grades 2 & 3. Each child receives a 30 minute session once a week.
- The program provides all of the students at Arroyos del Norte and Ranchos Elementary with books at four distributions held throughout the year (October, December, February and May).
- Dictionaries are provided annually to every third grade child in Taos County
- Little Free Libraries have been installed throughout the county for several years. Volunteers maintain these Little Free Libraries that benefit children and adults in our communities.
For more information contact George Jaramillo at email@example.com.